|Home > Why You Should Be A Member of CCTSCPA
Why You Should Be A Member of CCTSCPA
The Corpus Christi Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs is over 400 members strong! Backed by a history of 60+ years and supported by a dedicated volunteer board of directors, your chapter is here to serve you, the Coastal Bend CPA.
We know how valuable your CPA license is. You represent all that it stands for, and you work each day to be an example of honesty, integrity, and the high ethical standards CPAs are expected to uphold.
Members of the Texas Society of CPAs and the Corpus Christi Chapter have invested in their profession through the payment of dues to their professional organization. We are here to help you uphold your many professional responsibilities and pay it forward for the future of the profession in Texas.
Here’s how CCTSCPA will help you meet your many professional responsibilities as a CPA:
- Gain knowledge through our local and affordable CPE luncheons offered up to eight times each year and our annual tax conference and live ethics program. See the chapter calendar for details. You are also invited to take advantage of 25 percent savings on CCH publications.
- Stay in touch with our printed membership directory, TSCPA’s searchable directory, the monthly chapter newsletter, social media activity on Facebook, and our chapter website. Combined with communication from TSCPA, these vehicles will keep you abreast of professional news and happenings within the Society.
- Grow your professional network, hone your leadership skills, and broaden your access to resources through any of the volunteer opportunities at the chapter.
- Visit local students and teachers as part of our local Accounting Career Education (ACE) efforts.
o Help us put a face on your profession by getting involved in our public relations and image enhancement activities.
- Be A Mentor for a local college accounting student.
- Host a field trip in your firm or company for interested student accounting society members from area universities
- Serve as a panelist at one of our Meet the CPAs luncheons for accounting students.
- Protect the license you worked so hard to earn through contributions and involvement with the TSCPA CPA-PAC (Political Action Committee). Seventy-five percent of the funds contributed stay right here to support local candidates. The remainder goes to Austin to support TSCPA’s active CPA-PAC to help influence the Texas Legislature to pass laws and bills that will benefit CPAs and the accounting profession.
- Leave a legacy for the profession by paying it forward with contributions to the local scholarship fund. Scholarships are given each spring to local accounting students who are eager to enter the profession. Help show our support for local talent by helping to offset their educational costs.
For personal assistance accessing and taking advantage of all the chapter and TSCPA have to offer our members, please contact Corpus Christi Chapter Liaison Melinda Bentley by email at email@example.com or by calling 800/428-0272, ext. 279.